Friday, June 15, 2007

Monday, June 18th

Friday, June 15th:
Friday was another good day for me. I was able to beat the DOW and made it every day this week that my account gained value. While it may be hard to continue that run going into the following week, I am holding out hope that XING releases their earnings and I can bank off of my option. On Friday I took the chance to add to my position in CHND at $3.02. The stock later fell to 2.85, but came back to close at 3. I am hoping that this can get a little pop early next week and get out for a 3-5% profit.

Holdings as of the end of the day Friday:

AOB 41.0%
CEDA 17.3%
CHND 15.3%
LWLL 3.6%
QAEIC 4.6%
UTVG 18.3%
Cash 0.0%

Outlook for Monday:

Will XING report earnings? Will they announce an earnings release date??? That is the big question. I am hoping for them to release it sometime during the week, so why not Monday? This stock will be rags or riches for me, as my option will either triple in value, or be worthless after this report I believe. As for the rest of my stocks, I will be watching CHND carefully to hopefully play the sell side of my swing. Other than that, I have no cash available. So, I will have to sell something if a great buying opportunity comes along.
In other news, my first contribution for our Hedge Fund account should be in on Monday. If Rick's brother's contribution also clears, the account value will push over $10,000 for the first time...the first milestone of many hopefully.

No comments: